Paris, February 15th, 2016 - FINALCAD, the mobile app player which digitalizes processes during construction and beyond, has accelerated strongly in 2015. FINALCAD has seen its international revenue grow 150%, reaching more than 7,000 projects delivered, and new partnerships signed with major players in France, South-East Asia, Korea and Japan.
Structuring the company, developing internationally
2015 was a year of internal organization for FINALCAD, mandatory to support the company’s growth. The organization was supported by Serena Capital, FINALCAD’s first equity partner who invested in the company in 2014. This process allowed the company to:
- structure and widen the management team (a Marketing Director, a Production Manager and a VP Sales joined the team), reinforce its R&D, develop Production and Sales teams and create a Customer Success team.
- consolidate its international development by creating a subsidiary in Singapore and directly collaborate with local majors (Shimizu Corporation, Daewoo Engineering & Construction, Woh Hup) as well as dozens of extensive projects, specifically in the United States (Brickell City Center in Miami) and the United Kingdom (Lexicon Project in London).
An even more innovative product than ever
2015 was the year of FINALCAD’s development as a product: its range of offers has significantly increased, while its pricing remains adapted to a wide range of small to complex projects:
- the app is available across all mobile platforms: 2015 has been the year of FINALCAD’s kick-off on Android, a new Windows 10 compatible app and a new version of the iOS app based on the Swift language;
- development of new features: layers management, interactive maps, backups of standalone projects, seamless conversion from standalone to professional projects;
- optimization of features: photo annotation tool, QR Codes, restructuring of the document production tool;
- launch of plugins FINALCAD for AutoCAD: allowing the preparation of standalone projects, directly by the user, in order to use them when mobile in the field.
- launch of the FINALBOX app: more simple and secure document exchange process.
- launch of the FINALCAD Construction Observatory: enabling construction stakeholders to anticipate the most frequents defects based on historical insights.
A leading player in the construction industry’s digital transformation
Besides growth and new offers, 2015 has been a year of recognition from construction stakeholders as well as “French Tech” and advocates of the digital transition of construction industry who support the development of BIM: FINALCAD is a member of the buildingSMART industry organization, the Autodesk Developer Network (ADN), and was selected by the ADEME (French Environmental & Energy Agency) for the innovation project “Building 2.0” led by GTM (a VINCI subsidiary).
FINALCAD has also received many awards in 2015: the “French Tech” PASS given by Axelle Lemaire, French Secretary of State in charge of Digital affairs, the Bpifrance Excellence label, BlueAwards label awarded by INSEAD, HEC and MEDEF (largest employer federation in France), the “Top Performing CCS Sales Process Award” from the CustomerCentric Selling institute, and Deloitte Fast50 France and Fast500 EMEA rankings.
In addition, FINALCAD has taken part in major events in the construction and technology sectors. In France: the Public Housing Union’s Congress, the “Meeting BIM”, BATIMAT; in the UK: the CPD Foundation (organized by the RICS); in Singapore: BuildTech Asia; in Finland: FINALCAD was one of the 10 start ups to represent “French Tech” at Slush.
High ambitions for 2016 aimed at a single goal: Change the Way We Build
In order to support its growth, FINALCAD is raising funds again in 2016. Projects are numerous and highly ambitious:
- Global deployment of the iOS Swift app
- Launch of FINALCAD Manager designed for mobile customer base management
- Improvement of “in-app” training: onboarding process, training available within the app
- Launch of GetMyData products, Analytics dashboard et picture recognition
- Updates and new reports of the FINALCAD Construction Observatory
- Navigation within BIM models from within the FINALCAD app
- Participation to the BIM World event (6-7 April 2016)
- Launch of the FINALCAD for Revit plugin
- Interoperability with IFCs and the BCF format
- Strengthening the Singapore based team
- International development in North America, Africa, Asia and Europe
- Expanded offers for Structural Work, Finishing Works (quality control checklists, progress reports), Commissioning, Facility Management, logistics (5S process, Last Planner System)
- Delivery of significant projects such as, in France: the “Tribunal de Grande Instance” in Paris, the LUMA Park in Arles, facility management of the Olympique Lyonnais stadium ; in Asia: Yishun Community Hospital (Singapore), Cairnhill Project (Singapore), Matrade Exhibition Center in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), i-soho i-city ain Shah Alam (Malaysia), Menara Danamon in Jakarta (Indonesia)...
Watch the 2015 Showreel: