Know your priorities. For building construction, it is critical to supervise each single activity on site rather than spend too much time on documentation work in office. Finalcad mobile app helps supervisors and engineers from Shimizu Corporation allocate more time on the field, rather than stuck in office doing paperwork.
How Changi General Hospital leverages Finalcad for Quality control?
Shimizu Corporation engaged Finalcad for its structural work (quality control) and architectural works (quality control and defect management) for the Changi General Hospital Medical Centre project in Singapore. The Changi General Hospital (CGH) Medical Centre project consists of 3 story carparks, 9 levels of outpatient clinic and total floor area of 65K sqm. Finalcad has since worked with Shimizu Corporation from 2015 and estimated to be completed by 2017.
“We find out that BIM as process and Finalcad as software platform are good products in construction industry. We are delighted to have Finalcad redefined our quality control checks. The team was impressed with Finalcad’s expertise and experience.“
Atsushi Aoi, Project Manager, Shimizu Corporation
The Real Deal
Value proposition here is that Finalcad makes it very easy for users to easily understand the specific position of structural works and make records swifty. Users are able to check on quality, report defects on site and then provide the appropriate documentation immediately. The only tool that an engineer needs is just his tablet/mobile - go on site, select from pre-defined list, take photo, input records and sync up whenever there is an Internet connection.
Reap the benefits:
- Quality control checks now see a result of 60% reduction in paper wastage
- The total time spent from submitting a control sheet till making a report sees a 40% reduction spent of time spent
- Time and costs savings as follows:
- 4 hours a day in time savings = 80 hours / month
- 2 hours a week in archiving reports = 8 hours / month
- Site engineeer hourly cost is $60, so savings are up to $5,280 / month
- On the average 18 months project, potential savings of up to $95,040
True to its word. Finalcad provides mobile apps and predictive analytics that help construction stakeholders anticipate and fix issues found during the building’s journey.
Find out what other business challenges we could help you solve!